Free stock images
- ADigitalDreamer.com/gallery– Free royalty free images.
- FreeRangeStock.com – A good collection of free photos and textures.
- Unprofound.com – Run by a small group of photographers, Unprofound has a good selection of photos to choose from.
- TextureGen.com – A wide variety of free stock textures to choose from.
- PhotoRogue.com – This site hasn’t been updated in a while but has an unusual twist; you can request a specific image and volunteers will try and find one that meets your specification. There are plenty of great images to choose from.
- ImageAfter.com – Plenty of free images, although the quality does vary.
- Morguefile.com – Free images for creatives by creatives.
- Cepolina.com – Over 15000 meticulously categorised photos, available for download in six different sizes.
- Public-Domain-Photos – 5000 free public domain photos to browse through.
- OpenPhoto – Free images, but be careful to check the license of each photo for usage.
- ImageBase.DaivdInBlack.com – A reasonable selection of free photos, although quality does vary.
- Flickr Creative Commons– Check licences carefully and credit the owner with a link to their profile.
- PublicPhoto.org – Nice range of free images, but the sizes may be too restrictive for some.
- WikiMedia Commons – Over ten million photos to choose from. Attribution is required.
- PhotoLib.noaa.gov – Photos must be credited and a few have copyright restrictions (refer to the About page for more details).
- PhotoGen.com –Lots of great quality photos. Sign up is required to access image downloads.
- FreePhotosBank.com – A small but high quality collection covering a range of subjects.
- FreePixels.com – Over 4000 images, the majority of which are nature or object themed.
- StockVault.net – 27000 free images and a community of over 40000 members. One to bookmark.
- PhotoBucket - Check licences carefully and credit the owner with a link to their profile.
- 74 free stock photo resource - a great selection of images from design app makers CANVA - Thanks Joyce.
- Good Free Photos - Over 7000 good resolution photos - parks, landmarks: Free for any use (credit link reqd)
Both free and cheap stock images
- IconFinder.com – We linked to this on Twitter last month. There’s a huge selection of icons although not all of them are free. If icons are your thing, check out our free hosting and tech-themed icons on our resources page.
- Veer.com – They only have a tiny selection of free images every month, but there’s a good selection of premium images that are extremely cheap and great quality. Well-organised and easy to navigate.
- FreePik.com – A pretty good image search website which is well set out and easy to use. Contrary to its name, not all the images are free (although the majority are).
- FreeFoto.com – Photos are free in return for a link back, or you can purchase a licence for complete freedom.
- DreamsTime.com – Very well organised with plenty of images available. Free photos are available here.
Cheap stock images
- PixMac.co.uk – Low prices and a wide selection of photos available, including celebrities.
- MediaBakery.com – Offers to beat prices of similar images elsewhere on the web.
- FoodAndDrinkPhotos.com – A premium photo site specialising in photos of food and drink, which can often be harder to source.
- CutCaster.com – Another paid resource with good prices and no need to register.
- Fotolia.com – A well-known, cheap source of stock photos with different payment options available.
- iStockPhoto.com – One of the most popular image sites, iStockPhoto has a huge collection of photos at very reasonable prices.
Please CHECK THOROUGHLY the terms and conditions of use. Many sites claim free image use but only for non-commercial or what's known as personal use. If in doubt write to the website owner and ask. Also a good TIP ... If you have to buy images; KEEP THE RECEIPT and LICENCE. Just set up a folder in your Outlook or on the Hard Disk and keep the email or licence.txt there.
Legacy Help Files
A selection of ever-popular pages ...
The information here is given only as a guide any changes you make to your computer and or networks is done so ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK . Calco UK do not accept any responsibility for any changes you might make to your computer or network using the information herein.