Registrar Agreement - Our responsiblity to YOU. Updated: 26th July 2015
DOMAIN CONTACTS :
- Report Abuse : email@example.com
- Domain Queries : firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Enquiries : email@example.com
Our Head Office postal address is : Calco UK Ltd, Old Plock Rd, Kyle of Lochalsh, Ross-shire IV40 8BW, UK
Due to a change in our "Registrar Agreement" we need to make our customers aware of the following key terms when we are selling domains to you trading as Calco UK Ltd / FCD
- If you have any questions or problems regarding domains please send them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 24 hrs. (usually within the hour between 8am - 8pm).
- We must forward a copy of Nominet UK's registration agreement to all customers that secure a domain name through us prior to registration. All customers must agree to the terms in requesting to register a domain name.
- If we are registering domains in our own company name on behalf of 3rd parties we must seek written consent to do this by the registrant.
- We must have a copy of the contractual agreement between yourselves and your customer available upon request.
- We must supply accurate and complete data at all times.
- The registrant must be a legal entity or individual. If they are a Sole Trader then the "trading as" field in the registration form must reflect the company name in full.
- We must advertise our charges for registration and renewal and make this clear to your customers upon sign up. (UK domains are currently 26.50 per TWO years - .com domains are 29 pounds per ONE year)
- If your contact details are not accurate or complete then Calco UK Ltd reserve the right to suspend or cancel yours and/or your clients domain.
- Our support hours and service level agreements must be clearly displayed for your customers. Telephone: 9am - 5pm daily*. Email: 8am - 9pm daily. Annual shutdown excepted (shown on status page) where email only is checked twice daily.
- Our charges for registration and renewal must be made available to you the customer at the time of sign up. (see para 6 above)
- Our process for notifying customers regarding expired and expiring domain name registrations must be made available upon sign up. Email is the primary contact for expiring or expired domain notification. You should Whitelist / Safe Sender / Friend or make sure you can always receive email from email@example.com
- Our charges for domain name related services must be made available upon sign up. None - see item 12.
- Our charges for transferring domain names to a new supplier, and/or for cancellation/termination of contract, must be made available upon sign-up. They are:-
There is no charge for a TAG change on UK domains or an UNLOCK / REQUEST on international domains. This makes transfer or cancellation on fully paid up domains effectively free. Any EXTRA work will be charged for.
- Domain owners are notified of an expiring domain AT LEAST 30 days prior to the expiry date in WHOIS. This will be accompanied by an electronic invoice clearly stating the renewal period(s) and price(s).
If you have a complaint:
In the first instance please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are not satisfied with our domain service or domain products. We will if possible resolve the issue to your satisfaction within 24 hrs. In the unlikely event you are not satified with the resolution you may escalate the complaint by sending a new email stating the initial problem and why you escalated it. Send it to email@example.com with "FOA of Ron MIller (Managing Director)" in the SUBJECT LINE. The managing director will look into your issue as soon as he receives the email and work directly with you to a mutually satisfactory resolution. Typically this is a same day procedure unless it involves multiple companies or international time-zones. We may involve external agencies like NOMINET who provide a complaints procedure of their own and are happy to arbitrate on UK domain issues for a fee. Please see their website for further information. Nominet Dispute Resolution Service
If you wish to report abuse of any kind please use the priority email address firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into the matter immediately. We take abuse issues very seriously indeed and will reply within a few hours during UK office hours.
Please note: by signing up for any of our services you agree to be bound by all Calco UK Ltd's terms and conditions. Also that the above terms (most recent) supersede those terms which may be incongruent in the general terms and conditions. The "Updated" date at the top of this page should clarify which terms are most recent.
Opensrs Registration Agreement: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/terms/?page=tucows-contract
Registrant Rights: http://www.icann.org/en/resources/registrars/registrant-rights
Nominets three way contract: http://www.nominet.org.uk/uk-domain-names/registering-uk-domain/legal-details/three-way-contract
Key dates and definitions
Launch date: 08:00hrs on 10 June 2014
The reservation period for existing customers who already have a .co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk, .net.uk, .ltd.uk or .plc.uk runs up until 7:59hrs on 10 June 2019.
Domains registered before 23.59hrs on 28 October will have rights to the equivalent new .uk domain, provided there was no other corresponding .co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk, .ltd.uk, .plc.uk or .net.uk registered.
All .co.uk domains registered after 28 October 2013 and before the new .uk domains are launched will also have rights to the .uk equivalent, as long as there is no clash with any existing domains in the following situations:
Where there are two or more domains with the same website name, the .co.uk will be offered the .uk equivalent. Where there is no .co.uk, the .org.uk will be offered the new .uk equivalent. Where there is no .co.uk or .org.uk the .me.uk will be offered the new .uk equivalent.
DOMAIN TERMS IN BRIEF
We renew domains pro-actively and automatically prior to the reneal date in WHOIS
We do not charge for release of domains unless there is a substantial amount of work connected with the transfer. The actual TAG change of .co.uk domains is free. Similarly the UNLOCK is free on international domains.
Domain renewal charges are the same as purchase charge - except in the case of new style TLD domains (.club .london etc) which independently offer special prices to new customers.
Email is the primary contact for expiring or expired domain notification. You should Whitelist or make sure you can always receive email from email@example.com